The Post-Graduate Programme (Master in Economics) of the University of Macedonia organizes the 2nd Short Course in “Panel Data Analysis”. The main objective of the event is to provide advanced training for young researchers on important disciplines of economics and econometrics. The Course will take place at the University of Macedonia (Thessaloniki, Greece) from June 23rd till June 26th, 2014. The working language is English.
Professor Badi H. Baltagi (Syracuse University, U.S.A.) is the distinguished guest speaker. Professor Baltagi is a Distinguished Professor of Economics at the Syracuse University. He has numerous publications in top international journals such as: Econometrica, Journal of Econometrics, European Economic Review, International Economic Review, The Review of Economics and Statistics, Econometric Theory, Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Applied Econometrics, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
He is the author of the following (among others) books:
- Econometric Analysis of Panel Data, John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 5th edition, 2013.
- Econometrics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 5th edition, 2010.
The Short Course is followed by a 2-day conference (June 27-28, 2014) organized at the University of Macedonia (link: http://afroditi.uom.gr/uomphdmeeting/dates.html). Participants to our Short Course are encouraged to apply to this conference too.
- Badi H. Baltagi, Syracuse University, U.S.A.
- Stilianos Fountas, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Giannis Karagiannis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Theodore Panagiotidis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Theologos Pantelidis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Vasilis Sarafidis, Monash University, Australia
- Thanasis Stengos, University of Guelph, Canada
- Eftichios Sartzetakis, University of Macedonia, Greece
Local Organizing Committee (University of Macedonia, Greece)
- Stilianos Fountas
- Giannis Karagiannis
- Theologos Pantelidis
- Theodore Panagiotidis
- Eftichios Sartzetakis