The Post-Graduate Programme in Economics (Master in Economics) of the University of Macedonia organizes the “3rd Short Course: Panel Data Methods”. The main objective of the event is to provide advanced training for young researchers on important aspects of economics and econometrics. The Course will take place at the University of Macedonia (Thessaloniki, Greece) from June 22nd till June 25th, 2015. The working language is English.
Professor Jeffrey M. Wooldridge (Michigan State University, U.S.A.) is the distinguished guest speaker. Professor Wooldridge is a Distinguished Professor of Economics and Co-Director of Economics of Education Specialization at the Michigan State University. Among other things, Professor Wooldridge is currently Co-Editor of the Journal of Econometric Methods and Associate Editor of Stata Journal. He has numerous publications in top international journals such as: American Economic Review, Econometrica, Econometric Theory, Journal of Econometrics and Journal of Applied Econometrics.
He is also the author of the following books:
- Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach, fourth edition, Cincinnati, OH: South-Western College Publishing, 2009.
- Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data, second edition Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2010.
Thessaloniki is the European Youth Capital for 2014 and a former European Capital of Culture. Fifteen of the city’s monuments are listed as Unesco World Heritage sites. In 2013 Thessaloniki was listed as one of National Geographic’s 20 ‘Must-See’ places in the world and has been ranked 5th in Lonely Planet’s World’s Top 10 party cities. The city hosted a number of sports events during the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, Michigan State University, U.S.A.
- Stilianos Fountas, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Giannis Karagiannis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Theodore Panagiotidis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Theologos Pantelidis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Vasilis Sarafidis, Monash University, Australia
- Eftichios Sartzetakis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Thanasis Stengos, University of Guelph, Canada
Local Organizing Committee (University of Macedonia, Greece)
- Stilianos Fountas
- Giannis Karagiannis
- Theodore Panagiotidis
- Theologos Pantelidis
- Eftichios Sartzetakis